Focus on regionality
Gerstl's R30 guarantee
Locally-sourced, fresh, healthy – responsible consumption at DAS GERSTL Hotel
Locally-sourced, flavourful, and we bring it fresh to your table. The most authentic produce from as close by as possible. We’ve been striving for a long time now to find the best locally- produced goods and the most aromatic foods that have genuinely been produced and manufactured in our own neighbourhood.
South Tirolean delights have always been important to us at the Alpine Spa Hotel DAS GERSTL, but with our R30 guarantee we are seeking to ensure our guests that they are amongst the most environmentally responsible guests!
Gerstl’s R30 Guarantee
We, your hosts the Gerstl family, have introduced a real “At Home Guarantee” with the R30 seal. This seal guarantees that an item has been produced within a range of no more than 30 km. Our aim is to demonstrate our commitment to locally-sourced produce and to seasonality!
Lukas Gerstl, together with his team in the kitchen, is responsible for selecting the finest suppliers in the region. It is a central concern for all of family Gerstl that by selecting suppliers from our area in the most meticulous and environmentally-aware way, we are also able to support the farmers and wider agricultural community in our valley. The shorter transportation routes also protect the environment. In the gourmet hotel Das Gerstl all regional produce is labelled with the R30 Logo so that our guests can immediately recognise that it is locally-sourced.
A few of our products bearing the R30 seal
- Cheese from Englhorn in Schleis – Mals and cheese from the local mountain pastures, the Aft Mult alpine dairy of Patscheider Ernst in Ulten bei Alsack
- Pear bread (made from the Williams Christ pear variety which is exclusive to South Tirol), apple bread and other breads from the Angerer bakery in St. Valentin
- Chocolate from Venustis in Laas
- Honey from the Bucher Roland beekeepers in Taufers in the Münster valley
- Apple chips and apple juice from Kandlwaalhof in Laas
- Herbs, elderberries and mint from our very own Gerstl garden
- Depending on the season: Asparagus from Kastelbell, strawberries from the Martell valley or Schlinig, plums from Laas and more besides
- Luxury spirits and fine wines from Marinushof in Kastelbell, the Köflgut in Kastelbell, the Befehlhof in Vetzan, the Secci Distillery in Mals, the Calvenschlöss Vineyard in Laatsch, the Auserloretzhof in Laas and the Rebhof in Kastelbell
The “At Home Guarantee” at Sesvenna SPA
At Das Gerstl the R30 guarantee doesn’t stop with our culinary delights, but extends through the spa treatments on offer in our Sesvenna SPA, which are also flagged with the R30 seal in our SPA brochures. Indulge yourself in a smoothing apple-marble exfoliation treatment with healthy and vitamin-rich apples from Vinschgau and oils from the “Castle of Herbs” in Goldrain, or relax and unwind during a Vinschger Sheepswool Cocoon with wool from farmers around the Mals area.